Saturday, February 20, 2010

One more week completed.

So slowly we are creeping closer and closer to the race week. But yet it feels so far away. Today was another 7 mile run, and for some reason when i have already ran that distance it seems to drag longer. But today, as i was running past Kollen park, i just had to stop. It really was SOO beautiful. For those of you not familiar with the park, it is right on the shores of Lake Macatawa. The Lake is lightly frozen over and flocks of seagulls were sun bathing on the ice. So i had to sit for a sec and stop...stop to enjoy the beauty, stop just to take in the wonderful day, stop to realize i have a lot to be thankful for, and stop just to relax for one sec. Sometimes i think that i have allowed this running thing to be just another thing for me to do. i forget to see the beauty behind the running, or the good it's doing, or to just actually try and enjoy it. today i felt like i took a little time to enjoy it instead of allowing it to be another thing to check off my to-do-list.

But i do have a shout out there to Chris and Jill....Thank you for letting me borrow your ipod!! I'm enjoying the random assortment of songs! It's great!

Also, any suggestions from you guys. In a couple of weeks we are going down to Florida to visit some friends. one of my friends is running a 1/2 marathon (13 miles or so) that weekend and I'm scheduled to run 10 miles. What I'm debating is if i should run the race or not...they also have a 5K option...but that i feel isn't enough BUT I'm also debating taking the weekend off from running :) IT'S VACATION RIGHT?? The race will cost about $50, which to me it could be $50 i put toward the money i raise for youth for Christ. but it is also along the Florida coast line. Help me decided, any thoughts are appreciated! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...tough call. I'd say take the weekend off. I'm all about not stressing out on vacation and it could be stressful to run that far! Or otherwise, do the race and tell yourself you're just going to walk the last few miles. Are you guys visiting Tara and Scott down there???

    ReplyDelete