Saturday, March 13, 2010

Just do it

So despite what my blog shows, i have actually been running. Life has just been busy. the last few days have been super beautiful and a taste that spring is almost here! PRAISE THE LORD!!

Today was my 9mile run. I had to work till 2:15 and then once i got home it was SOOOOO hard to motivate myself. I realize i really am not a good self motivator. Honest, (this is going to make me sound really lame) but i spent from 2:30-4:30 trying to get myself to run. I'm pathetic! I dread the time it is going to take me to run it, also today i was dreading the wind, and then find myself dreaming of just relaxing and doing nothing so that once I've actually convinced myself to run i could have been done. Today was definitely one of those days. But once i started i felt like i could run forever. I even ran at least a 1/2 mile extra! It was prolly one of the most spiritual run i had to. It almost felt like if you commit to doing something you will be blessed and I actually felt blessed on my run. My lungs felt great, my legs, the temperature, and even the wind felt great. It was crazy but I'm definitely thankful for it.

Teddy has continued to be my running partner. He runs up to 5 miles with me. it's great. Sometimes i feel like he is looking back at me and smiling saying...are you coming? :) or once we've passed a pedestrian and he doesn't bark he sometimes looks back at me as if to say...I'm a good boy aren't i mom :) he has definitely improved his running abilities too and i don't know if i would be doing this well with running if it wasn't for him....a little mutt who loves to chase leaves in the wind.

So things are going well here...i just suck at motivating myself to actually start running. I hope to grow out of that. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Katie! I just wanted to say how proud of you I am of your runnning! I can't wait to see your race!

    ReplyDelete