Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A Rap for Running

Running has been going GREAT! It actually feels good to run. I never thought i'd say that :)

but i thought i'd post my email to help raise support and awarness to what i'm doing. so here it is !

Hello My Dear Friends and Family, So I've written about a million different practice emails to try and say just exactly what I want to say about running and training for the the River Bank Run 25K and raising support for the wonderful ministry of Youth for Christ. After many attempts of summing it up, I basically decided I really couldn't do it up any better than with a little rap/poem. Please enjoy! (and read like you are a rapper...it has a better effect).

YO YO YO It's Katie here
I've got something cool to tell, have no fear.
These past few months I've been challenged yes it's true
to do something I thought was impossible to do.
I've been challenged to run which is somethin not fun
but now I see how running ain't too crazy

See there's this place where people go and love the youth
they teach them 'bout the Bible and to tell the truth.
They meet with them at school,
they meet with them at home,
they pray for them and love them just like Jesus would do.

In just a few weeks I'll be running you see
but I'd also like to raise some good money.
This money's not for me but to bless these kids
and help the ministry like the Bible says.

So if you are so willing, and so kind
don't be afraid to donate any dollar you may find.
To do so just click on the link below
and soon you will find out how love can grow!

I thank you in advance for your thoughts and prayers
for it just wouldn't be possible without your cares.

THE END...AMEN and THANK YOU!!

I hope that though lame, this rap has summed it up enough for you. Honestly, I am honored to run for this ministry. I believe in the work that these people do and couldn't think of a better thing to be running in support of.

To Sponsor me there are two easy ways.

Online you can go to this safe link and the money will be sent right to Youth for Christ. https://www.formnut.com/up/8535/YFCRiverbank.html

Or you can mail me a check made out to Youth for Christ and sent to
Katie Wiersma
158 W 30th St.
Holland, MI 49423.

Anything from a $1 to a million dollars will be accepted Thanks again and remember I couldn't have gotten this far if it wasn't for all of you!

oh, P.S. The run is on May 8. If you could think and pray for Nolan and I as we are running it that would be sweet too...Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Katie your rap is AWESOME!!!! You always had the best raps....

    ReplyDelete