Thursday, April 8, 2010

My first 5K

It's about time that i update you on my first 5K run ever this March in Florida. It was quite the event. Not only was it my first 5K, but also my brother and sister-in-law Evan and Sarah. We let Tara run the Half Marathon. We experienced some cool things...and not so cool things. We discovered what happens to nervous runners early on a dark morning in a port-a-potty.... we may have found two potties with "left-overs" on the seat....Delicious :S I also made a new friend running. She is a lady from St. Pete's and is 45. She definitely pushed my on my run and even offered to bark for me when I told her I was used to running with my dog. Prolly the most exciting thing, besides finishing, was that I actually finished second in my age group! (I'm just as shocked as you). So i got a sweet medal. Here are some pictures from our big morning in St. Petersburg, FL.

No comments:

Post a Comment