Sunday, May 2, 2010

1 MORE WEEK!

So i can't believe we are to the last week of training. Saturday Nolan and I ran a 10 mile and i am relieved to tell you it was a great run. I felt like a million dollars at the finish...well, besides the sore knees, sore toes, being hot and sweaty, and ...jk...it really wasn't bad. Last week Monday however was another story. Nolan and I ran another 10mile run and we both felt sick after. I thought i could puke. It prolly didn't help that we had corn dogs an hour before we ran...but still...it was just a bad run. Bad bad...it actually scared me that there was no way I was ever going to be able to finish the 15miles in the race. I could bearly do 10!! So thankfully Saturday was completely opposite.



Maybe our run went so well b/c we had just finished up a garage sale at our house for the weekend. My mom, sister, and I threw one together for Friday and Saturday. It was quite the event. I actually love having garage sales. Once everything is all organized and priced and all you have to do is just sit and welcome people to check out your stuff it's great! It's just the anticipation of having a good sale. However there was one thing that i really couldn't believe someone would do. here is the story:



It is the last costumer of the day...a family comes in. Seems like a nice little family. Cute little girl. We are giving them deals left and right...free thing here, dollar off there...etc. The dad bought something...the little girl came to the table like 3 times for little purchases etc, and finally the mother checks out. When i check someone out i just quick take the stickers off, don't really look at what I'm selling and then total up the bill. Once the lady left i realized what had happened. I had a brand new looking zip up fleece that i never wore so it had a price of $3...now what the lady did was while the little girl was talking to us, she took a $1 off sticker from another item and took the $3 sticker off, and then placed the $1 sticker on to buy it!! It's not that i care about the $2...it's just the fact that someone would just go sneakily and do that. It felt like i had just gotten robbed...taken advantage of. We were being so nice to them giving them free things etc...and BAM she sneaks one on us. I am so naive and trusting of people I just couldn't believe someone would just do that. So i think that frustration just helped to add some fire to my run. Running is a good "cooler-downer" :) But still i was disappointed in the Human Race once again.



But I'm excited for next week Saturday...just excited. I can't believe we've made it this far!! Hopefully it will all work out for the good. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED ME FINANCIALLY AND SPIRITUALLY! It's been an encouraging few months.



Some people have asked if it's too late to sponsor...and no it's not. i have till Friday to take in more pledges! So feel free to go to https://www.formnut.com/up/8535/YFCRiverbank.html to make a pledge! :) Thanks!! and I appreciate you!

1 comment:

  1. Katie, I am sooo pumped to watch you run! You will do awesome!

    ReplyDelete